Employ a Security Pro to Assess your Business Security Risks
Are you aware of all of the business security risks your business faces? Having a good working relationship with a Security Professional is like money in the bank.
Security Professionals provide the products and services necessary to create a safe and secure workplace for you and your employees. Products such as lever hardware, panic and exit devices, desk locks and high security key control systems, as well as security boxes and safes, can help you protect your business and property. In addition, electronic access control systems can be designed to restrict access to the building or business complex in order to increase security and control.
Security Professionals are also trained to identify potential risk areas in your business. Assets such as computer hardware and office equipment are particularly vulnerable. To assist you in controlling theft, sophisticated equipment locks, loss prevention services and exit alarms are available.
In addition to offering a wide range of products, Security Professionals provide such value-added services as rekeying, key duplicating and consultation on governmental regulations such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Security Professionals can assist you in complying with these regulations by recommending and installing approved specialized door hardware, automatic door operators, low opening resistance and delayed action door controls.
Contact your local Security Professional, for all your business and residential security needs. They have the training, and are equipped to provide the information, products, services and proper installation to ensure peace of mind for your family, business and property.
Businesses face some unique security risks, some that you may not have considered are:
- The American with Disabilities Act (ADA) requires “barrier free” entry to and egress from all public and commercial property that handicapped persons could have access to. If your property is not in compliance, you could face fines, and lawsuits. Your Security professional has the knowledge and training to help with this special risk, they will survey your property, and make recommendations, for any non- compliant hardware.
Audit of key control systems
- Unauthorized key duplication, is one of the biggest threats to all businesses, and is usually overlooked and very hard to detect. Key control is usually compromised because of the complete lack of, or very poor key control. Crimes committed with duplicate keys are very difficult to detect, and very difficult to prove. There are high security key systems available, that can insure that no one obtains a duplicate key without your authorization. There are access control systems available, that can do away with keys all together, and provide audit trails of who and when someone enters your property.
Using the correct safe or security container
- Are you using your fire or record safe for storage of cash and valuables? Many businesses make this error, fire and/or record safes are built to protect paper records from destruction from fire, most are not usually meant for protection of cash and valuables. There are some units available that are constructed to provide protection from fire and burglary, you should check with your Security Professional, to be sure of what you have.
- Some businesses that keep high value items (jewelry stores) may be required by their insurance carrier, to use high security containers, others that keep cash value securities (airline tickets) may be required by their franchise and/or their insurance carrier to use a particular security container. If you are not using the correct container, and suffer a loss, your loss may not be covered. Your Security Professional has the training and knowledge to help you make sure you are using the proper security container.
Safeguard Your Home
With the rising crime rate in the United States, personal security has become a primary concern for many Americans. To combat this fear, many people are increasing the level of home security to protect their families and valuables.
Security Professionals can assess your current level of home security and recommend ways to improve it. These experts can then suggest the appropriate security products, such as entry locks, deadbolts, decorative hardware, door viewers, window and patio locks to meet your needs. In addition, they also can provide information on a wide range of electronic detection devices, such as motion sensors and exterior floodlights, and closed circuit TV systems.
Security Professionals are also experts in the wide range of fire resistant, burglary resistant and gun safes designed to protect you valuable items and important documents.
- Are you really secure ? (blogs.cisco.com)
- Security surveillance systems – The Concern of any Society! (securitysurveillancecameras.wordpress.com)
- 6 Security Policies You Need (deftconsultants.wordpress.com)